Monday, July 21, 2014

Favorite Ways To Relax and Refill #imperfectmoms

I'm a book junkie. So escaping into a book is one way I relax and refill my brain. Being a teacher I have made a commitment to myself to be a lifelong learner so I am always looking for the latest in teaching strategies and trends in order to keep my teaching brain sharp. I also like to read for fun, so seek out the suggestions of friends and coworkers on books to read.

I also enjoy a spa pedicure at the local hairdressing college every now and then. For $25 I can escape for an hour and have someone focus just on me. It doesn't seem like much, but sometimes, it's just enough to make a difference.

Never forget the small things. Sometimes a hot bubble bath with candles and relaxing music is enough of a break to allow relaxing, peaceful time to regroup.

Just last week I attended my first yoga class. It was at 5:30 in the evening and I left feeling like I was floating. I will definitely be going again and am so glad that it's available so close to home.

Ever since I was a baby, I've loved relaxing in a hammock. We currently don't own a hammock, but we do have a lovely deck and when the mosquitoes aren't horrible I love getting my lounge chair out and just vegging. I close my eyes and listen to the sounds around me. If I can, I might doze off but sometimes just being calm, quiet and aware are enough to unwind and untangle my brain.

I'd love to hear how YOU relax and refill!


No comments:

Post a Comment